So, the amount I'm permitted to post about is rather minimal, but here's some things.
What I'm Changing
- Short rests are overnight, extended rests are a week. This is a la the "Time Shifting Rests" article here.
- All of the stories in the introduction are true. Each player chooses one reason and, when the party accomplishes any of these goals, they gain a level. There is no monster XP.
- The Looming War (Rogue): Disrupt the unified tribes in the Caves of Chaos
- Find the Heir (Cleric of Moradin): Find the captive dwarf prince in the Caves of Chaos, and save him.
- Under Evil's Thumb (Fighter): Put an end to the raids coming from the Caves of Chaos.
- Drawn to Power (Wizard): Stop the orcs in the Caves of Chaos from finding Gruumsh's Tear.
- The Devil You Know (Cleric of Pelor): Seek peace with the tribes in the Caves of Chaos and their Medusa Queen.